Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Friends..How Many of Us Have Them?

Everyone has a different take on what a friend is. Some put everyone that they know and associate with in the friend category, while others have different groups for everyone. And I'm sure the debate of what a friend actually is can be debated for centuries and centuries to come. 

A friend in my book, is someone that I can tell my secrets to. Someone I can count on to be there for me when I really need them. Someone I can talk about any and everything to. Someone who won't judge me, or look down on the mistakes I've made, but will tell me how I can improve myself for the next go round. Someone that doesn't just hit me up when they need something. Someone that knows that we don't have to speak every single day to be friends. Someone who adds to the value of your life, not takes it away. If you can honestly say that you fit into every single one of these descriptions, then you are my friend. 

NOW, with all of that being said..why is it that some people push their friends away? Are they afraid to let them in? Are they scared that their ways or their lifestyle will be judged? I don't know. But I can tell you that it sucks. It sucks when you find out that the person you thought was a friend, is not. It sucks when the person you thought was a friend pushes you away, when you've done absolutely nothing wrong. But we can't be too mad about this. We can be hurt, but not mad. Like the saying goes "not everyone who comes into your life, is meant to stay there forever". I'm sure many cant attest to that. 
What is your definition of a friend? Have you ever had a friend push you away or keep you out of their lives? 


4 comments:

  1. the definition you have for a friend is perfect to the T..I for one have never pushed anyone away,but have always been the one pushed away..but for the most part have always been given a reason as to why and for those i am cool with and go along my merry way. what i dont respect are those that just drop you thinking that its fine. knowing in the back of their heads that if someone does the same to them they would feel some type of way. its sad when those you feel you made a bond with, and opened up to, just let you go and go along with life a if you never existed...makes you wonder how they sleep at night, knowing the let someone who accepted them for them go, yet keep those that keep them down around..i guess it's gotten to the point in my situation where i tried, numerous times, but to no avail...live and let go..those who are my friends know their place, and know that they won't lose that spot UNLESS TOLD OTHERWISE..that is all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth! I read something that said... Friends are people who talk GOOD about you behind your back... Nobody's perfect but its definitely good to have some good positive energy in your corner...even if they're only meant to be there for a season.. Cherish every moment...I thank God for the people I thought were friends and turned out to be the opposite. It opened my eyes to a lot of things and showed me that QUALITY is always better than QUANTITY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely X! And Z, people who do that, will one day realize that they lost out. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. some won't even be able to have that luxury and go on living life feeling incomplete..

    ReplyDelete